UK Police Officers Guarded 2010 Epstein Dinner Attended by Prince Andrew, Reports Say
Emails cited in British media suggest Metropolitan Police protection officers were assigned to secure a New York gathering at Jeffrey Epstein’s residence
London police officers assigned to protect Prince Andrew were instructed to provide security at a dinner party hosted by Jeffrey Epstein in New York in December 2010, according to reports published in the British press.
The reports cite internal emails that appear to detail arrangements for the Duke of York to stay at Epstein’s Manhattan residence, accompanied by two protection officers from the Metropolitan Police.
In an email sent the night before the event, bearing the subject line “Security for party”, a staff member informed Epstein that the two officers had been given “instructions on the door”, suggesting formal security arrangements were in place for the gathering.
The disclosures come amid renewed scrutiny of the Duke’s past association with Epstein, the late financier and convicted sex offender.
On Friday, police confirmed they had been contacting former protection officers who worked for Prince Andrew and urged anyone with allegations relating to Epstein to come forward.
Authorities said they have not identified any wrongdoing by the officers at this stage.
Asked to respond to the reports regarding the 2010 dinner, the Metropolitan Police said it had no further comment.
Separately, Prince Andrew was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of misconduct in public office in an unrelated investigation.
He was detained for more than ten hours by Thames Valley Police and later released under investigation.
The arrest concerns allegations that he sent confidential government documents to Epstein while serving as a UK trade envoy.
As part of that inquiry, officers continued searching his former residence in Windsor on Sunday.
The Duke has consistently denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein and has previously expressed regret over their friendship.
In 2022, he reached a financial settlement in a civil case brought in the United States by Virginia Giuffre, who alleged that he sexually abused her when she was a teenager at properties linked to Epstein.
The Duke denied the allegations and has said he does not recall meeting her.
The latest reports are likely to intensify questions about the nature of Prince Andrew’s association with Epstein and the extent to which official resources were deployed during visits to the financier’s properties.