London Daily

Focus on the big picture.
Monday, May 18, 2026

Twitter boss Elon Musk keeps conspiracy theorist Alex Jones off platform

Twitter boss Elon Musk keeps conspiracy theorist Alex Jones off platform

Elon Musk says he will not allow the conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to return to Twitter.. Chief executive Elon Musk said he "had no mercy" for anyone using children's deaths for political gain.
Over the weekend the accounts of former US president Donald Trump, rapper Ye (formerly Kanye West) and influencer Andrew Tate were all reactivated.

Mr Musk responded to tweets asking if Jones could be next.

He wrote that his own child had died, and that he "had no mercy" for anyone who "would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame".

Nevada Alexander Musk died aged 10 days old in 2002.

Mr Musk said his baby died in his arms and he "felt his final heartbeat".

Info wars host Jones has been forced to pay $1.44bn (£1.2bn) in damages after falsely and repeatedly claiming that the Sandy Hook school shooting, in which 20 children and six adults were killed, was a hoax.

In August 2018 he was banned from Facebook, Spotify, Apple and YouTube.

Those asking for his return included the controversial internet tycoon Kim Dotcom.

On a video posted on the platform Rumble, Jones said he did not care about being on Twitter, reports news website Axios.

Mr Trump has yet to tweet, despite his reactivated account now having more than 90 million followers.

He has said he intends to stay on his own platform, Truth Social, although this has a fraction of the audience of Twitter.

Mr Trump was a prolific tweeter until he was banned for allegedly inciting violence on the platform during the Capitol Hill riots in January 2021.

Ye was banned for an antisemitic post in October 2022.

Andrew Tate was banned from several platforms for sharing misogynistic content, such as suggesting that women should bear responsibility for sexual assault.

Both Ye and Mr Tate are now tweeting.

Mr Musk had previously said no decision about banned accounts would be made until a moderation board had been appointed.

He completed his $44bn purchase of Twitter on 28 October after months of wrangling.

He has since laid off half of the firm's 7,500-strong workforce, and hundreds more staff are believed to have left following an email saying that long hours and "hardcore" work would be required of those who remained.

Mr Musk says that more people than ever are logging on to Twitter - but there is no official confirmation of this, as there is no longer a communications team.
Newsletter

Related Articles

0:00
0:00
Close
'They're people from all walks of life across the UK'
EU Digital ID Claims Misstate What Brussels Can Legally Force on Member States
The Great Western Exit: Why Best Citizens Are Fleeing the Rich World [PODCAST]
The New Robber Barons of Intelligence: Are AI Bosses More Powerful Than Rockefeller?
The End of the Old Order [Podcast]
Britain’s Democracy Is Now a Costume
The AI Gold Rush Is Coming for America’s Last Open Spaces [Podcast]
The Pentagon’s AI Squeeze: Eight Tech Giants Get In, Anthropic Gets Shut Out [Podcast]
The War Map: Professor Jiang’s Dark Theory of Iran, Trump, China, Russia, Israel, and the Coming Global Shock [Podcast]
Labour Is No Longer a National Party [Podcast]
AI Isn’t Stealing Your Job. It’s Dismantling It Piece by Piece.
Lawyers vs Engineers: Why China Builds While America Litigates [Podcast]
Churchill’s Glass: The Drunk, the Doctor, and the Myth Britain Refuses to Sober Up From
Apple issues an unusual warning: this is how your iPhone can be hacked without you doing anything
Kennedy’s Quiet War on Antidepressants Sparks Alarm Across America’s Medical Establishment
The Met Gala Meets the Age of Billionaire Backlash
Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Crosses Hormuz via Iran-Controlled Route
Gunfire Disrupts White House Correspondents’ Dinner as Trump Is Evacuated
A Leak, a King, and a Fracturing Alliance
Inside the Gates Foundation Turmoil: Layoffs, Scrutiny, and the Cost of Reputational Risk
UK Biobank Breach Exposes Health Data of 500,000, Listed for Sale on Chinese Platform
KPMG Cuts Around 10% of US Audit Partners After Failed Exit Push
French Police Probe Suspected Weather-Data Tampering After Unusual Polymarket Bets on Paris Temperatures
CATL Unveils Revolutionary EV Battery Tech: 1000 km Range and 7-Minute Charging Ahead of Beijing Auto Show
Crypto Scammers Capitalize on Maritime Chaos Near the Strait of Hormuz: A Rising Threat to Shipping Companies
Changi Airport: How Singapore Engineered the World’s Most Efficient Travel Experience
Power Dynamics: Apple’s Leadership Shakeup, Geopolitical Risks in the Strait of Hormuz, and Europe's Energy Strategy Amidst Global Challenges
Apple's Leadership Transition: Can New CEO John Ternus Navigate AI Challenges and Geopolitical Pressures?
Italy’s €100K Tax Gambit: Europe’s Soft Power Tax Haven
News Roundup
Microsoft lost 2.5 millions users (French government) to Linux
Privacy Problems in Microsoft Windows OS
News roundup
Péter András Magyar and the Strategic Reset of Hungary
Hungary After the Landslide — A Strategic Reset in Europe
Meghan Markle Plans Exclusive Women-Focused Retreat During Australia Visit
Starmer and Trump Hold Strategic Talks on Securing Strait of Hormuz Amid Rising Tensions
Unofficial Australia Visit by Prince Harry and Meghan Expected to Stir Tensions with Royal Circles
Pipeline Attack Cuts Significant Share of Saudi Arabia’s Oil Export Capacity
UK Stocks Rise on Ceasefire Momentum and Renewed Focus on Diplomacy
UK to Hold Further Strategic Talks on Strait of Hormuz Security
Starmer Voices Frustration as Global Tensions Drive Up UK Energy Costs
UK Students Voice Concern Over Proposal for Automatic Military Draft Registration
Rising Volatility Drives Uncertainty in UK Fuel and Petrol Prices
UK Moves to Deploy ‘Skyhammer’ Anti-Drone System to Strengthen Airspace Defense
New Analysis Explores UK Budget Mechanics in ‘Behind the Blue’ Feature
Man Arrested After Four Die in Channel Crossing Tragedy
UK Tightens Immigration Framework with New Sponsor Rules and Fee Increases
UK Foreign Secretary Highlights Impact of Intensified Strikes in Lebanon
UK Urges Inclusion of Lebanon in US-Iran Ceasefire Framework
×