London Daily

London Daily News
Monday, Jun 14, 2021

Meghan Markle's childhood boyfriend speaks out against claims she bullied staff

Meghan Markle's childhood boyfriend speaks out against claims she bullied staff

Meghan Markle’s first boyfriend has said he does not believe she could have bullied royal aides.

Days before Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah aired, Buckingham Palace staff claimed the Duchess of Sussex drove two personal assistants out of their jobs. Another colleague said Meghan ‘humiliated’ them.

Meghan denied the allegations, which were revealed in The Times, and called them ‘an attack on her character’.

Now, Meghan’s childhood boyfriend Joshua Silverstein has said he ‘can’t personally see’ his ex-girlfriend bullying anyone.

He told Us Weekly: ‘I see her doing whatever it is she feels like she should do in order to be happy and coexist within a system that has probably not been very welcoming to who she is and where she comes from.

‘When you find women of colour — particularly Black women — standing up for themselves and speaking out and speaking against what they feel [is] disrespect or oppression, oftentimes whiteness tends to classify that in negative ways because they don’t want that to happen.’

He added: ‘As long as she’s happy and he’s happy, that’s all that matters.’

Meghan made the first move on Joshua Silverstein when they were 13 and he was her first kiss

Meghan has denied the allegations that she bullied staff members


The actor and director previously told the same outlet Meghan’s relationship with her dad, who she has not spoken to since 2018, was clearly ‘complicated’.

The pair met at a church summer camp when they were teenagers in 1993. Meghan told Larry King she was 13 when she made the first move and kissed with Joshua.

Before Harry and Meghan got married, Joshua said in an interview with the Daily Mail: ‘We were together every day, we spoke on the phone a lot, we held hands and shared kisses.’

Buckingham Palace responded to the accusations of bullying when the report came out on March 2.

It said it was investigating the claims and added that the Palace ‘does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace’.

Representatives for Meghan fired back: ‘The Duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.’

Newsletter

Related Articles

London Daily
×